Sunday, June 26, 2011

He saves, I complain.

"Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death!" Psalms 68:20
"If we fought for our rights, we'd be in hell tonight." LeCrae

He saves us, and we don't even know it. What we think is best for ourselves is not always what really is best for us. The American suburban dream degenerates to fat materialism and environmentally destructive piggish behavior. Spiritual and religious fervor turns in to self-righteousness. Service becomes people-pleasing. Growth becomes pride.

The way God saves, molds, or purifies me is rarely ever what I expect, know, or even want. I can only trust in His goodness--and even with that, I need His help! And even when I'm in the thick of the process, I will most likely not know it or thank Him for it.

Where would I be without His grace?

1 comment:

  1. i like. especially the second paragraph. thanks for sharing, jackie. :)

    ReplyDelete