Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How could I have forgotten?

Deuteronomy 4:9
Only give heed to yourselves and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life but make them known unto your sons and your grandsons.

I've found recently that I have forgotten so much about my experiences with God. With all of the trials that God has brought me through and all the comforts and blessings that He has given me! I thought that I would always remember--that once God had personally revealed Himself to me through my life, I would be cool with that forever. But I think that it does take diligence to keep on remembering all the great things that God has done for us--that sometimes when trials and distractions come, that it is amazingly easy for us to forget the goodness of our God.

I'm glad that God is able to restore the joy of His salvation to me! And I'm going to write this in my journal, and I hope I remind myself everyday of what great things He has done.


No comments:

Post a Comment